Below is a summary of rules you need to follow if you want to have an account on this server of Mastodon:
Put NSFW content behind a content warning.
Do not spam the server with advertisements or blog spam.
Absolutely no hate speech.
This Mastodon instance is intended for those who have an interest in the Triangle region of North Carolina. You aren't required to live here in order to join.
This official Mastodon guide will help explain all the different parts of Mastodon, but here's a quick rundown:
Toot = post (like Twitter's tweet)
Boost = show that post on your profile (like Twitter's retweet)
Favorite = show appreciation for a post (like Twitter's like)
Home = posts from people you follow
Local = posts from everybody on triangletoot.party
Federated = posts from everybody known to triangletoot.party
Suggested first steps
- Add a profile picture
- Post a toot!
Filter out languages to your liking (especially useful for the federated timeline)
- Browse the local and federated timelines for people to follow
How do I find people to follow?
- Browse local profiles to find users on triangletoot.party.
- Check out Trunk to find individuals.
- Check out Guppe to find and follow people with similar interests.
This content is prohibited by the hosting service, Masto.host.
- Illegal activity
- Sexual content involving minors, including artistic depictions
- Gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions
- National Socialism
- Holocaust denial
- Alt right, including under the disguise of freedom of speech
- Sex and gender discrimination
- Pro-ana / Pro-mia
- Automated sharing of third-party content, news sources, websites or social media content that doesn’t belong to you
- Trolling, insulting and derogatory comments towards others outside your server
- Mass following and aggregation of content
This instance uses Mutant Standard emoji, which are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.